Pages

Thursday, 3 September 2015

Beauty: Easy Strobing Look

Easy Strobing Look - Charlotte Tilbury, Mac, YSL, Urban Decay, Benefit, theBalm
Easy Strobing Look - Charlotte Tilbury, Mac, YSL, Urban Decay, Benefit, theBalm

So today I thought I'd share with you the products I use to achieve the strobing look. If you haven't heard of strobing before it's basically just a make up look with a lot of highlighting and hardly any contouring. It's super easy to achieve and these are the products I like to use to achieve this look! 
Base

Firstly I like to start with a dewy base and to achieve this I like to use a new product Mac Strobe Cream with an old favourite YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation. After this I like to use a concealer highlighter, such as YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighting Pen, to highlight under my eyes, my forehead down the nose and my chin.  


Face
Now's the time to pile some more glow on! So I like to go for a tiny contour in the form of Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar Bronze and Glow but the fun occurs with all the highlight. I first like to use Topshop's Glow in Polish on the tops of my cheekbones and under my brow. I then like to apply blusher and like to go for one that also has a bit of shimmer in it and I've found the perfect one to use is Benefit's Coralista. To make this highlight more 'on fleek' I then go back in on top of Topshop's Glow with theBalm's Mary Louminiser. This is such a beaut highlighter and the two together are a perfect combo! 

Eyes and Lips
As this look is all about the highlight I like to keep the eyes and lips quite simple. For eyes I like to just pop my favourite Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow in the crease of my eye for definition and then later on the mascara. For lips I like to go for a gloss when strobing and in this case opted for Maybelline Coloursensational Gloss in Pink Perfection

So there's my take on the strobing trend. Are you a fan of strobing? What's your favourite highlighter at the moment. 
Bella Lulu Ink Blog