Pages

Monday, 2 February 2015

Review: Real Techniques Bold Metal Collection Flat Contour Brush

I have always been a huge fan of the Real Techniques original line and own two sets of most of the range! Their Buffing Brush, Expert Face Brush and their Eye Starter Set are amongst my all time favourite brushes! I don't even remember what brushes I used before the Real Techniques range existed. So when I first heard about their new luxe Bold Metals Collection I was super excited and knew I needed to purchase one ASAP and after watching Sam and Nic's video on their new brushes, I knew exactly what brush I wanted to purchase. That brush was the Flat Contour Brush (301)

Real Techniques Bold Metal Collection Flat Contour Brush Real Techniques Bold Metal Collection Flat Contour Brush
Real Techniques Bold Metal Collection Flat Contour Brush


The Real Techniques Bold Metal Collection Flat Contour Brush (£22) has fast become one of my favourite brushes in a short space of time. I chose the Flat Contour Brush as it's nothing like any other brush I currently own and it really is a great brush for contouring! As the shape of this brush is wide and flat, (as the name would suggest!) it means it fits perfectly into the contours of the face and can create both shadows and highlights, making it my new favourite contouring brush! The shape also means it creates a really nice contoured line which can then be blended out using the Flat Contour Brush to make it less harsh. I also have found that the Flat Contour Brush is great for applying highlighter and would also work to apply foundation, however I personally prefer to use it solely for contouring. Although many people are saying this brush is too expensive with a price tag of £22, however you are getting a super high quality and luxe brush so I don't believe this brush is over priced in the slightest and you would definitely pay more than this for a brush from the likes of Mac, Bobbi Brown or Nars. The handles are weighted, making it much heavier than other brushes I own, which makes for optimal comfort and control. The Flat Contour Brush is also angled which means it doesn't roll of the table, which means it's perfect for taking blog photos! 

Overall, I love the Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection Flat Contour Brush and it has now become the only brush I use for contouring. Although it is expensive compared to the usual Real Techniques brushes, it is totally worth it as you are paying for a really high quality and luxe brush. I'd highly recommend trying this brush out, especially if your a lover of contouring. 

Have you tried out any of the Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection? Would you recommend any other brushes in the range? 
Bella Lulu Ink Blog