Pages

Monday, 23 February 2015

Beauty: Hourglass Dupe?

Recently Max Factor released their Creme Puff Blush which looks nothing like any other drugstore blush currently on the market! With it's swirled effect it holds it's own place in the drugstore market however, it's resemblance to Hourglass's Ambient Lighting Blush is clear! I'm sure you've seen a few posts comparing the new Max Factor's Creme Puff Blush to Hourglass's Ambient Lighting Blush, but I thought why not give my two cents to this topic too!


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat - £28
Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Mauve - £8.99

When Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Blush was first released I didn't immediately jump on the bandwagon. Paying £28 for a blush seemed absurd to me! However, after reading an endless amount of reviews raving about the Ambient Lighting Blush I knew I had to get my hands on one. So after a trip to Space NK I finally took the plunge and purchased Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat, I mean who can say no to that packaging! Hourglass claims that their Ambient Lighting Blush is the next generation in blush as it combines the lighting effects of their Ambient Lighting Powder with the beautiful shades of their Ambient Lighting Blush. Along with including photoluminescent technology, this helps to achieve a soft focus and natural finish to the skin. The shade I've got Diffused Heat is a soft coral, with an undertone of pink. This blush is a great Spring/Summer shade as it provides a beautiful pop of coral to the skin, as well as providing a hint of shimmer, meaning you can just use this blush instead of also having to use a highlighter. One thing I would say about the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat is that it is highly pigmented and a little definitely goes a long way so a light hand is needed to avoid having a super glittery cheek. This blush also helps give the skin a flawless finish to the skin. And if all of this isn't enough the rose gold, heavy packaging makes it a truly luxe product, with no other similar products on the market, that was until now!

 Max Factor have just released their Creme Puff Blush available in six shades and priced at only £8.99, ranging from light pink to a deep berry colour. They definitely fill a place in the drugstore blush market as I don't believe that there is anything else quite like this out there for this price! But the question is, do they live up to being compared to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush. Similarly to the Hourglass Blush the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush has a swirled effect which in my opinion does make the product look prettier. The shade I've got is Nude Mauve, it's a really subtle mauve shade but it leaves such a sheer pop of colour to the cheek. In comparison to the Hourglass Blush I would say that the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush is definitely less shimmery and so due to this I can wear a separate highlighter. I prefer the fact that the Max Factor's Creme Puff Blush is less shimmery, however it may just be the shade I own as I've heard others say they do find them a bit too shimmery. As this blush doesn't contain the photoluminescent technology contained in the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush which means it doesn't give the gorgeous soft focus and natural finish to the skin. Despite this I think the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Maeve is a great blush in it's own right and has fast become one of my most used blushers!

Overall, the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush may look similar to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush with it's swirled blush effect, however I do think that's where the similarity ends. Despite this I think the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush specifically in the shade Nude Mauve is a great blush in it's own rate as this shade adds a lovely sheer and subtle flush of colour to the cheek, which is perfect for an everyday make up look. It's fast become one of my most used blushers and I definitely will be purchasing another shade!

Have you tried any of Max Factor Creme Puff Blush? If so what are your thoughts? And what shade did you pick? 

Bella Lulu Ink Blog